If you know me or follow me on any social media network you’ve probably realized that I’m a fan of Mariska Hargitay (but hold up, wait a minute let’s make sure we know how to pronounce her name: [MAHR-eesh-kah]). The actress/activist/future President of the United States turns 50 today and I want to share that with everyone. I like sharing all things Mariska with everyone because it’s good to know about someone that amazing. I can’t give Mariska a birthday present for multiple reasons (I have about $10 in my Checking account thanks to the bookstore (Illuminati) and I also don’t know Mariska). Instead of giving Mariska a birthday present, I’ll do what i do best: state random facts. So here are 10 random facts about Mariska Hargitay:
1. Mariska’s mom and dad were actors
Jayne Mansfield (actress) and Mickey Hargitay (actor/bodybuilder).
2. Mariska can speak mad languages (duh). English, Hungarian, French, Spanish, and Italian.
3. Mariska was in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (and then she got fired so she was never actually in the movie. it’s WHUTEVA)
4. Mariska was in a music video in 1984 (She Loves My Car – Ronnie Mislap)
*I wanted to be bougie and have the YouTube video directly in this post so one can just click on the video and watch it but idk how to do all that and I’m not a Computer Science major
5. While swimming with dolphins, Mariska was inspired to create and organization, The Joyful Heart Foundation.
The mission of the Joyful Heart Foundation is to “heal, educate and empower survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse, and to shed light into the darkness that surrounds these issues”(joyfulheartfoundation.org).
6. Her hair is ***Flawless no matter the length (THIS IS A FACT)
7. She was once a baby
8. Mariska started off doing comedy (She was on Ellen and Seinfeld and uoeno)
9. She took a selfie with Vice President Joe Biden
10. Mariska Hargitay is badass and 50